Description of the role: An excellent role on offer for a Groundworker looking to join a leading construction company. You will work with experienced tradesmen of a wide range of disciplines, as well as being supported by your Site Manager and the Site team. The role will require digging the ground, excavating, and concreting the foundations, and building the foundations. For full tasks please see Key Responsibilities below.
Qualifications and Experience required: None – Galldris and the Construction’s Skills Centre will offer the candidate the training required and the qualification of a CSCS card.
Hours of Work: Monday – Friday, 07:30 am – 5:30 pm
- Mixing and pouring concrete to construct foundations, beams and slabs.
- Assisting the setting out engineer for the site.
- Erecting barriers, fences and safety signs.
- Assisting an experienced pipelayer in laying underground drainage pipes, constructing manholes, draw chambers and laying underground ducting.
- Assisting an experienced paver in laying kerbs, slabs, and block paving.
- Hand excavation of shallow trenches or hand trimming of trenches previously excavated by a machine.
- Assisting a carpenter in erecting and dismantling Shuttering/formwork.
Salary: £10.75 per hour – London Living Wage – Self Employed / paid weekly
Start date: 2nd of November – 9th of November
Location: Canada Water, London Borough of Southwark
Requirement: Please note you must be a Southwark resident to apply for this position.
Should you feel you have what it takes to be successful in this role then we would love to hear from you. To apply, please send your CV, with a cover letter to our HR department via the following email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date for applications: Friday 30th October 2020
About the Canada Water Masterplan: The Canada Water Masterplan was granted planning permission in May 2020 and will create a new town centre for the local and wider community to enjoy. It is 15-year project which will redevelop Surrey Quays Shopping Centre and Leisure Park, the Printworks and the former Police station, to deliver new workspace for around 20,000 people, a new high street, around 3,000 homes (35% affordable), a new leisure centre and space for a sixth form and health centre.
The construction process will generate employment and training opportunities across different sectors, skills levels and interests. Register your interest in finding out more about forthcoming employment and training opportunities by contacting email@example.com or 0800 470 4593 (freephone).
To find out more about the project please visit www.canadawatermasterplan.com